NATIONAL FAMILY CAREGIVERS MONTH
November is National Family Caregivers Month. This is a time to celebrate the contribution of those volunteer friends and family members who support a loved one with their health or managing a disability. We’re thankful for the contributions of the more than 44 million Americans who care for a family member, friend, or neighbor. Join us as we celebrate the contribution of caregivers and find better ways to support them as they care.
THIS MONTH’S EVENTS
• November 1 – Caregivers: “All Saints, All Day”
• November 7th – Suffering from Election and Caregiver fatigue?
• November 8th – Caregivers Spa Day!
• November 11th – Book Signing @ Five Wellbeing Spa & Studio Featuring Authors Nadine R. Cornish, Tears In My Gumbo The Caregivers Recipe for Resilience and Suzanne A. Blankenship, How to Take Care of Old People Without Losing Your Marbles
• November 13th – Yoga & Journaling – Yoga – 10:30-11:30 – 11:45-12:45 – Journaling – Lori Ramos Lemasters
• November 13-16 – Honoring all Veterans & Caregivers
• November 20th-24th – Special Blessings for Family & Caregivers
• November 28th – Caregiver Round Table “Caring is Sharing”
EVENTS AT FIVE WELLBEING
Caregiving…There are many different ways we give care to others, but the true unsung heroes are those that care for a loved one that has a long-term or terminal illness or is disabled. There isn’t enough time in the day for them to take care of their loved one and themselves, so they go to the bottom of the list. There is someone right now in your neighborhood that is experiencing caregiver burnout, without proper self-care eventually the caregiver’s health is in jeopardy too. Betsy, the owner of Five Wellbeing Studio + Spa, knows first-hand the stress of being a caregiver and a mother of a young child when her husband had terminal cancer 5 years ago. Betsy says “ one of the main reasons I created Five Wellbeing Studio + Spa is because I wanted to provide a place for others to feel cared for and nurtured in times of need, I knew better and still experienced caregiver burnout, so it became a mission of mine to give back.”
So participating in National Caregivers Month was a no-brainer for her. Please come join us for the many options to explore self-care, we have discounts on treatments and free events all month. Come and take care of yourself, we promise you will be well cared for.